The visa regime for foreign citizens in the Republic of Albania is provided for by Law No. 108/13 “On foreigners” and by the Decision of the Council of Ministers No. 513/13 “On the treatment of foreigners”, amended.
1) Can enter Albania without visa:
a) Foreign citizens who have a valid, multiple-entry Schengen visa, which has been previously used in one of the Schengen states, or foreign citizens who have a valid permit of stay in one of the Schengen states;
b) Foreign citizens who have a valid, multiple-entry US or UK visa, which has been previously used in the respective country of issuance, or have valid permit of stay in the US or UK.
2) Can enter without a short-term visa (without a visa Type C) for touristic motives during the period 15 May – 1 November citizens of Saudi Arabia, Belarus, Georgia, Qatar, Oman and Russia*;
Can enter without a short-term visa (without a visa Type C) for touristic motives during the period 10 June – 1 November citizens of Saudi Arabia, Belarus, Georgia, Qatar, Oman and Russia;
*(subject to approval by Decision of the Council of Ministers)
3) Long term visa (Type D) is required for all foreign citizens that will stay in Albania for more than 90 days during a six month period (90/180 days) and will apply for a residency permit from the migration office;
4) As attached please find the visa regulation table for foreigners: Visa regime for foreign citizens
5) All foreign citizens from countries that are not included in the table are required to have a visa before travelling to Albania. They can apply for a visa in the Albanian embassy that is geographically closest to their country of origin or residency;
© Ministry of Foreign Affairs 2017 - All rights reserved